Pages

Friday, January 6, 2012

Week 7

This week of training was pretty mellow. Recovering from being sick but still managed to get through all of the workouts. My training has me doing only 8 miles this Saturday... I say only because it doesn't seem like much compared to 12-15 miles. :-)

My first workout this week was repeat 1k's on the track [1k is .62 miles- a 5k is .62 miles 5 times equaling 3.1 miles. :-)] I had to do 5 of them in 4:08 or less each, with a 400 meter recovery lap. I finished all of them in under 4 minutes each! My new garmin watch is working great, and I even figured out some new stuff on it. I set up my workout and plug it into my software on my calendar and then upload it to my watch! Super cool! AND- I can download it to endomondo and share my workout with others... I'm a dork- I think that's cool.

Thursday, I ran around 1pm. Weird to think I was wearing a tank top, shorts and a hat Thursday, when last week I was wearing spandex pants, gloves, a beanie and like 3 tops! Only in Southern California! My workout Thursday was 2 miles easy (8:57 pace) and then 3 miles at 5k goal pace (7:22) and one mile easy. It was hard to go slow for the first two miles because I felt good, and I kept up the pace pretty well through the 3 hard miles. I started to get nervous at the end that I would not be able to hold the pace (I was averaging between 6:55 and 7:10 pace- and REALLY excited about that). I finished on a slight uphill but held my pace to the cool down. :-)

Tomorrow I have 8 miles, and then only a few days left until my training is complete and race day is next Sunday 8 days!!

Next Saturday I will be staying with family members that just happen to live about 4 miles from the start line and a mile from the expo location where I have to pick up my race bib. I am thankful that my cousins Jodi and Jeremy Glenn are able to let me stay the night. It has been a little while since I have seen them, so hopefully we will have time to catch up.

Looking forward to race day!

Mindie

No comments:

Post a Comment