Pages

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Week 5 Completed

  
So on my "off" days from running (Monday's and Wednesday's) Colin and I have been cross training together. We completed the P90x Legs and Back workout today. We do not have a pullup bar that can be set up anywhere, so we use the resistance bands in the back yard. The band that Colin was using snapped in half while he was using it!! He was able to finish his workout with another band... this was an old one. 

I just finished week 5 of training and I ran 15 miles on Saturday. The only bummer was that I ran by myself. However, it was a new route thanks to my realization that Nichols road is now open. :-) It was in the middle of the day, so I was spotted by my mother-law, Shelley, on her way to work! Ha ha! Thought that was funny. It was a little bit of a bummer to finish on an EXTREMELY big up hill back home. :-( I will have to take a picture of that hill from the bottom. It is MASSIVE! I think it is like 500 ft elevation change from bottom to top.

Tuesday I ran 6 1/2 miles, it was supposed to be a 2000 meter repeat day, but I didn't feel like running 5 laps at a time on the track, so I thought I could figure it out on my phone- I bought my new GPS watch with my birthday money AFTER the run that day. I think I ran a little too close to lunch time because I had to use the restroom in a hurry during my run. And of course, no bathroom in site... at least that I knew of. However, just in the nick of time there was a random port-a-potty.
Not only was this thing where I needed it to be at the exact time I needed it, but it was freshly cleaned, had plenty of toilet paper, AND it had a working sinking with water and soap inside!!! Praise the LORD! I am totally convinced it was divine intervention. It is still there, so I may have to continue running that direction so that I can have a planned bathroom route from now on. Ha ha!

Tomorrow I will be running at the Santa Rosa Plateau with my friend Terri. She is running in the Carlsbad 1/2 marathon in January. Looking forward to a nice run. Then, the Lakeside Lancer Soccer boys are doing their annual hill repeats with lunch at the Gilliland's afterwards. I will probably run with them, but not up the hills since I will already have 5 miles under my belt. 

Friday we head to Reno for Christmas. I will be running 10 miles Saturday (in the freezing cold) and then some repeat 2 miles (in the freezing cold as well). I may take some photos with my phone in Reno, there are always so many pretty pictures to take up there. We are spending Christmas with Nana, Papa, Uncle Bobby, Uncle John, Aunt Cassie, Nolan, Mazie and Grandma Shortie! And I think we might be starting a new Christmas day tradition... UGLY CHRISTMAS SWEATERS! Haha! (Good idea Bud).

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment