Pages

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Week three of training- Team World Vision

Hi Everyone! I am now in week three of my training! I have already completed over 50 miles of training since I started just a few weeks ago, and my training only requires 3 days a week of running.

My second week of training allowed me time to myself (thanks to my husband having the week off from school) and I was able to complete my repeat 1200m on the track (that is 3 laps).

I also had to do a 6 mile run on Thanksgiving day! It was a good thing too, my brother in law Tymon made some yummy side dishes, and my mother in law Shelley baked a wonderful turkey. The night was cut short because our kiddo was acting up, but he was pretty tired. He went to bed at 5:30pm and woke up at 7 the next morning!

Saturday I had to complete 10 miles. My family was visiting from Reno and we met them for breakfast in Temecula. Colin dropped me off near Elsinore High School and I ran the rest of the way home! :-) It felt like a slow run, but I was still on pace. Speaking of pace, I am hoping to buy a new Garmin GPS watch this month to help with my training. My previous watch that I used for over 4 years finally died. They have a sale at Costco right now and I hope to get it by the end of the month.

This week Kellen and I will do the runs together again. He gets to sit in the jogger while I push. Tuesday wasn't so bad, but today is super windy! I just have to suck it up and bear it! Hopefully we don't blow away!

Have a great week everyone

No comments:

Post a Comment