Pages

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Day 3 and counting...

Monday I completed my first fit test... I tried to keep the effort moderate, but I didn't want to kill myself. Here were the results:

Day 1 Fit test results
Switch Kicks 40 (2 kicks = 1 rep)
Power Jacks 44
Power Knees 110
Power Jumps 36
Globe Jumps 10 (4 reps = 1)
Suicide Jumps 20
Push-Up Jacks 23
Low Plank Obliques 33

Tuesday was the Plyometric Cardio Circuit 40 minutes of Plyometric moves. (Including a 10 minute warm-up). My buns and shoulders were feeling it after the push-ups (level one drills = 4 pushups, 8 count floor sprints, come up to your feet and do it again) and squats. I cooled down on the elliptical machine and burned a few more calories to end the workout. We have a TV in the office and I watched, "Let's Make A Deal," with host Wayne Brady. I love that guy. Colin and I used to watch him on, "Whose Line is it Anyway?"

I donated blood yesterday at Lakeside High School and you are supposed to take 24 hours off before doing strenuous activity, well I don't like waiting until the afternoon to workout unless I know I am going to be cleaning all day or going to a fit club, so I worked out this morning and I was a little tired. I woke up with a head ache, (whenever I over do it on my shoulders, I always seem to get a head ache if I don't stretch a ridiculous amount). I took some medicine, drank lots of water and completed the Cardio Power Circuit Training video. Then I cooled down again with another 20 minute elliptical jog. I tried using my Garmin watch on the "other" setting and use the heart rate monitor but I don't think it works for videos. It said I only burned 175 calories during my workout. That just doesn't seem to be enough. Then, it said I burned 11 calories on the elliptical. I may have to search for a cheap heart rate monitor to keep track of calories. Or, just guess low when I record in myfitnesspal and enjoy the results. :-)

Tomorrow is the cardio recovery day. It is NOT an easy workout, it is just less cardio focused, and we do a LOT of strength training (think really slow squats that BURN LIKE NO TOMORROW!!!!) I took some before photos yesterday, man I really need some work. After my 1/2 marathon run in January, I was eating like I was still burning 600 calories a day and not really paying attention to what was going into my mouth. Even if I don't record every calorie, accountability really does help.

Well, until next time, happy fitness everyone!

Mindie

2 comments:

  1. Mercy, Mindie! If YOU need work, I need a surgery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You of all people can relate. You get to your goal weight (like you did after Ava) and then you don't really stay focused (ok so I didn't stay focused, you had baby #3) and before you know it you are not satisfied with the way you look/feel. Once I've been at the weight/size I like and I feel really good, I get upset that I allow myself to not maintain... and I feel yucky and miserable. You know?

    ReplyDelete