Pages

Monday, February 27, 2012

Forks Over Knives

My sister in law Haley told me about a really great documentary a few weeks ago and told me to check it out. The easiest way to watch it was on Netflix. Well, we don't have Netflix (probably one of very few people that don't have it). Any way, she decided it was so important for me to watch (I am glad that she did) that she bought it on amazon and had it delivered to us!



The name of the documentary is, "Forks Over Knives." The documentary gives medical, statistical and physical (like people who have tried it) evidence to prove that a plant and whole foods based diet without meat or dairy is the best way to prevent diseases and cancer (the main disease being heart failure or coronary heart disease). I recommend everyone watch this documentary. It's amazing what lies we are being fed about the meat and dairy industry.

I am not 100% sure how this is going to be applied to my families diet yet, I know we will purchase less dairy, and meat- but we don't consume much meat to begin with. Haley has been a full on Vegan for a month now and loves it. She is coming to visit next month and has offered to show me some recipes and tips that she finds helpful for her. She has more energy, knowledge of what she is eating and seems to be overall much more healthy.

My goal is to provide the best foods/meals for my family and myself within our budget of course. I am looking forward to learning new- healthier recipes to help prevent obesity, heart failure and diabetes (along with cancers) in my family. I'd rather prevent the illnesses than pay later to treat the symptoms. I hope you all will at least watch the documentary and decide for yourselves if this is something that you need to apply.

Some cool links to check out:

http://www.forksoverknives.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Forks-and-Knives/106082370159
http://www.facebook.com/Engine2Diet

Blessings!
Mindie G

No comments:

Post a Comment