Pages

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Insanity- Month 2, Dig Deeper

I have been in the process of completing the original INSANITY workouts with Shawn T. The first month was pretty intense, but I was proud to say that for the most part I kept up. After four weeks of one workout a day for six days a week, there was a week recovery. (Still intense, but except for the hip workouts, they were manageable).

Every two weeks you complete a "fit test." It is comprised of 8 different moves and your goal is to do as many of each move in one minute. You get about a minute rest in between each exercise. The first two fitness test are the only activity for that day. (Example.... DAY 1- Complete fit test, day 2 Plyometric Cardio Circuit, etc).

The first day of week five (that was Sunday for me) you must complete your third fitness test AND a 59 minute Max Interval Circuit. I am pretty sure it was the hardest workout I've ever done (except maybe running a 4 hour marathon, and the repeat 200's we did 20 times in college for track season with a minute rest... that workout STILL gives me nightmares!)Whoever thought doing a fitness test AND a workout on the same day was a good idea for this exercise program was just plain crazy!

All that to say I am glad to have my recovery drink, I've had to use it during the workout the last two days to keep going. However, something inside keeps you motivated NOT to stop because you KNOW you will get the results you want if you keep going. Here are my fit test numbers so far (Day 1, Day Day 15, Day 36):

Switch Kicks (2 kicks = 1):  42, 60, 68
Power Jacks: 47, 57, 61
Power Knees: 80, 125, 130
Power Jumps: 30, 55, 64
Globe Jump (4 jumps = 1): 6, 11, 13
Suicide Jumps: 17, 20, 22
Push up Jacks: 26, 31, 36
Low plank obliques: 55, 65, 72

I have a little over 3 weeks to go. I didn't really take a before photo... but here is a picture of what I look like after the workouts.

Like Shawn T says, DIG DEEPER! Well making sure I don't slip in my sweat is what I call digging deeper. 
Keep Soaring!! 

Mindie G

No comments:

Post a Comment