Pages

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Shakeology

Alright, my first month of Shakeology arrived in the mail on April 25th... I have taken pictures of each item that you receive in the box so you know what you are getting. It comes in a box that looks like the one below.
 You get a month shipment of the product... chocolate or green berry. I have my home direct shipment set up to rotate flavors each month. My first flavor is chocolate... yummy.
 The next additional item is a calendar looking page with 2 sides. The first side has a new recipe for your shake to try each day for chocolate...
 and the other side is for the green berry flavor for each day of the month. I have decided to take notes on each of the ones and try including if I like it or not, and how many calories it equals.
 The next item in the box are the Shakeology workouts. This is what the front cover looks like.
 The back has some cool pictures of people that have lost weight and inches (and improved their cholesterol- increasing the good and lowering the bad). And links to get additional workouts and supplements on the website.
 This is the inside of the workout case. It has 2 videos; a 30 minute video and a 50 minute video. As of today I have watched the 30 minute video (I am on day 10 of insanity, so I may do them in the afternoon if I have time). They seem very basic, but challenging. They require weights or resistance bands for the complete workout. Very cheap at a sporting good store or your local Target or Walmart.
 I am going to track my own progress with Shakeology on my blog... you are welcome to read, obviously. :-)
 Finally there is an info card from the CEO of Shakeology and his story with the product. He (at least in his before photo on a video I have) seems pretty healthy looking but is pretty ripped now... his wife uses the product as well. Even if you already consider yourself pretty healthy it is a good idea to use the product. One hundred doctors (and more I would assume) would agree... CLICK HERE to see what I mean.
 
Here is a picture of me and my product. :-) Yay!
Alright, here are my  current numbers... (4-25-2011)
Weight: 139 pounds
Waist measurement at belly button: 33 inches
Total Cholesterol (according to San Diego Blood Bank): 128 as of 2/11/11- unfortunately it doesn't tell me how much the LDL and HDL levels are, just total. (down from 143 in August 2010)
Blood Pressure (according to San Diego Blood Bank): 99/61 as of 2/11/11 (Down from 119/75 in August 2010)

Day One- April 25th, 2011
I took it plain with water, just to see what it tasted like. It is pretty thick, and really good.
Day Two- April 26th, 2011
I had it with cinnamon and nutmeg after my workout. Real thick, I will split it up tomorrow. Drank it after my recovery Insanity workout.
Day Three- April 27th, 2011
I had half of my shake before my workout with almond milk and a tsp of honey (50% more calcium than NF milk, and 30 less calories per serving, and dang it tastes good. But, it is a little more expensive, so we'll see how often I use it.) The second half I had after my workout with 1 cup of water, about 4 frozen strawberries and half a cup of blueberries. Woah, it was good! (I put it in the blender)

Well, that is where I am so far... not sure if I will put EVERY day's drink on here, but if they are all that good, I might have to!

Mindie Gilliland
Shakeology user and Independent Team Beach Body Coach
www.beachbodycoach.com/timetosoar
www.shakeology.com/timetosoar

3 comments:

  1. I love this! I am anxious to see the progress. What size pants are you in?
    Also, what is the membership fee?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in a size 4... less snug now. (Sorta depends on the brand... you know how THAT goes). My tummy is usually what gets in the way, skin that stuck around from pregnancy. But it's shrinking!

    If you sign up to be a club member, you get 10% off all the products (including Shakeology).
    The fee is $2.99 a week, but it is charged 1x every 3 months. This is NOT required to have a free profile or to buy Shakeology... but it makes it cheaper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I forgot! I have two pairs of size 2 pants from New York and co. SKINNY JEANS! NEVER had those before!

    ReplyDelete