Pages

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

My Beach Body Story...

I began my journey with Beach Body in the summer of 2010. (No that is not me in the picture above, it is Dreya Webber and Tony Horton :-P)


We borrowed the P90X workout program from a friend to check it out (Thanks Marty). I thought I was already fit; I like to run, I worked out pretty consistently, I thought that was it. I figured P90X would just help me stay there.

Since completing the videos I have noticed in pictures that my arms and my face were slimming down and I had more energy.Not to mention that I was able to do more push ups than most of the kids on my cross country team. :-)

We finished our 90 day challenge and decided to purchase the DVDs, (yes, I'm cheap- I wanted to make sure they worked before buying them). When you buy a Beach Body program it is just that, a program. It has all the steps you need to meet your goal... guaranteed. It has workout videos, timeline goals, nutrition plans, online help and accountability. All you have to do to start, is put it in you DVD player and push play.

We are going to go through P90X again this summer. Colin is going to host a weekday P90X workout at school with his soccer athletes.

Currently I am in the middle of the INSANITY program. I like to mix up my workouts constantly. (That way I don't get bored). And being the cheapo that I am, I borrowed it from a Beach Body Coach.


I really like it and I can see a difference in my cardiovascular endurance. It was hard at first to get through it without being exhausted, but now I can get through each round without dying, but still sweating! And it's pretty fun. I am almost half way done.

When I started the program, Cecilia (my Beach Body Coach) gave me a sample of Shakeology. She suggested I started using this to help improve my health while completing the workouts. I have to admit that Shakeology has really helped. I was a little skeptical at first, but I ordered it. I figured that since there was a 30 day money back guarantee, that if it doesn't work I'll just get my money back. But, it tastes good and gives me all the nutrients I need every day. I signed up to be a Beach body coach too, that way I get 25% off all the products and supplements.

I got sick on Friday evening with the usual congestion, snot nose etc and usually it takes about a week to recover. Monday morning I drank my shake (like I have each day), and was able to workout. I am still getting rid of the snot (ha ha) but I FEEL much better. That is not normal for me. 

Since starting my journey, Colin has joined me. He ordered Shakeology too and drinks it for breakfast before heading out the door. I like the chocolate flavor and he likes the Green Berry. We each get 25% off all the products from Beach body. Including free shipping on our orders. :-)
Any way, after 15 days of using Shakeology here are the latest stats: 

Current Weight: 135 (FYI my goal isn't really focused on losing weight, but it has gone down 4 pounds)
Waistline measurement: 31 1/2 inches (down from 33 inches!)

If you would like to know more about Shakeology or any Beach Body products please feel free to contact me! Thanks for following along on my journey... 

OH-I am donating blood next Monday and will update the cholesterol information when I get the results. :-)

Mindie G
www.beachbodycoach.com/timetosoar - I have added some photos (before and after) to my profile.
www.shakeology.com/timetosoar

No comments:

Post a Comment