Pages

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Summit 2011

OK, so Summit... Team Beach Body has a get together with allllllllll the coaches around the nation one time each year. It is usually in LA (I'm guessing) because that is where the CEO of the company is. There are currently over 55,000 coaches! I guess the first year they did the summit there were like 20, so they have grown quite a bit.Summit is where you can meet the trainers, attend seminars about the products, work out Saturday morning with some of the fitness trainers (like Tony Horton!!!- P90x people!!) and learn about how to become a coach and work for yourself in the team beach body business. CLICK HERE FOR A SUMMIT VIDEO
Unfortunately by the time I decided to become a coach, summit was already sold out and we didn't budget for it anyway so I figured I would have to wait until next year. Well last minute one of the founding coaches, David Martin (apparently wayyyyyy up my coaching line) hosted a Thursday event with a guest speaker and a few awards for his coaches. It was free and my coach, Cecilia offered to drive me. Colin was cool with hanging out with Kellen all day so I went to LA to check out the summit.

I had not been to LA since my sister Cassie and I went to a Justin Timberlake concert back in 2007... after I went to the convention with JC's Girls. LA Live is amazing and beautiful and I wish it would have been there when we went to LA with JC's girls because we walked around EVERYWHERE trying to find a place to eat, and there were a TON of places all together now! We arrived, parked and checked Cecilia in for the weekend. We had some time before the guest speaker so we decided to head down to the Beach Body Mall, and I bought a Chalene Johnson Turbo Fire t-shirt... my next workout program after my 30 day Brazil Butt workout (didn't like any of the shirts they were selling for Brazil Butt). As we were walking down there I recognized a man, named Dallas Carter. His success story is below. I wanted to get a picture with him, and introduce myself, but it didn't happen.

So, we headed back down to the mall, and I got my shirt. Afterwards, we got seated and eventually Shaun T made his special appearance to be interviewed by another coach. We had front row seats... here are some pictures I took... He seemed like a pretty regular dude. He's favorite candy is peanut m&m's! YUM!

A lady in the audience asked him a question and then asked if she could see his abs. He was happy to oblige, and my phone decided to take a picture, usually it freezes! My camera was in my back pack, but the MEMORY card was at home! I usually do that (ugh!)
So there you go... his abs are not air brushed, and they were very nice. After Shaun and his abs left (ha ha), they had a short awards event and then we had a quick break before the guest speaker. As I was heading to the restroom I noticed another success story that my brother in law Tymon had sent me. He had seen the video below on youtube, and posted it on his fb. He was very inspired by this guys P90x journey... the video is below.


Usually I would walk by, be shy and not talk to someone I recognized from the Internet, however I knew that it would be so cool to share with him how much he has encouraged me and my brother in law. So, I did and he gladly took a picture with me (see below) and he even said we could email him if we needed any additional encouragement!


Summit was fun, I wish I could check out more, but I will have to wait until next year. I would LOVE to workout with some of the actual trainers that made the videos I own, and pick their brain over a cup of coffee (or Shakeology ha ha). Until then, I will have to live it vicariously through the coaches that got to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment